|Raspberry Pi Zero W||Microcenter|
|Dual motor driver L298N||Amazon|
|2x motors TT-type|
|5v power buck regulator|
|Battery holder 4AA|
|4x AA batteries|
|4×6 in plywood base|
|4x 3” dia. Plywood wheels|
|⅛ in. wood dowel|
Optional: Casters, camera, sensors, steering servo
DRIVING A PANTHER PI BOT
USING THE BLUEDOT APP which is Android only, sorry 🙁
- Turn on robot (switch on black battery holder)
- Turn on phone bluetooth.
- Check # on robot (1-5) which will show up in bluetooth for pairing.
- Pair with bluetooth of robot you want. If switching between bots, it may help to unpair (or forget) previous robots.
- Install Blue dot app on phone: https://is.gd/zdiYcv
- Open Blue dot and connect to robot
- Drive forward or reverse, turn left or right, by pressing the blue dots in the four directions.
- Load operating system (Raspbian)
- Connect to computer
- Write program for robot
- Run program at boot of computer
- Connect to remote controller (phone)
Operating system (OS) — guides to put on microSD card that goes in Raspberry Pi
Connecting: Either with a monitor (HDMI) or another computer (Secure Shell or SSH)
Program: Set of instructions for robot, we use python which is one (of many) computer languages because it is easy and widely used.
- We use the bluedot example
- Running program at boot involves adding a couple instructions to the startup script (rc.local) to point to the program
- Raspbian OS (computer operating system)
- On microSD card, follow guides
- Modes to work on Raspberry Pi:
- Graphical: Like a normal computer (Rasbperry Pi → HDMI → Monitor)
- Headless: Connect to Raspberry Pi over network. SSH (Secure Shell) is typical.
- Definition: Set of instructions for a computer to follow.
- Python is our choice programming language.
- Easy to understand, widely used.